Get the course Step-by-Step Guide to Creature Design – Coloso free download links through Mega.nz and Google Drive.
- Total 8 videos Get exclusive tips and insights from Illustrator Nicko Febriansyah throughout 8 online videos.
- Basic Level Perfect for those with a basic proficiency in drawing who want to start learning creature design
Learn to design creative and well-balanced characters by shadowing my methodical approach to character design.
Want to see how you could make your design process simple, fast, and easy?
I’ll provide a step-by-step guide for everything including creating mood boards, drafting silhouettes, sketching, inking, coloring, and lighting & shading.
Ideas for Problem Solving
Guess what needs to be done first when designing characters. Yep, problem solving! Basically, we’re going to break down the ideas and story of your character to better understand the most vital aspects before jumping into the design part of the process.
Solution to Creation
After gathering all the data, we will start the fun part! We will create your character design based on the data we’ve gathered. This includes everything from creating a fun silhouette to a final design.
Colors for Details
This will be an important step for adding personality to the character we are creating! We will be selecting then applying the best colors, lighting, and touch-ups. The colors will help represent the ideas and story you’ve intended for your character setup.
SECTION 01. OT
- Introducing your instructor
- What you will learn
- Helpful websites and software programs
SECTION 02. Pre-Design
2. Problem-Solving Ideas
- Generating a story and ideas for a character
- Breaking down character ideas into keywords
- Searching references from the important keywords
- Compiling references together
- Making a list of the character’s strengths and weaknesses
- Pinpointing references for the focal point of a character
SECTION 03. Solution to Creation
3. Different Composition Guides
- Rule of Thirds
- Center composition
- Golden ratio
4. Frames and Orientation
- Vertical and horizontal frames
- Edges and borders
- Ways to frame your drawings
5. Perspective is simpler than you think!
- What is eye level
- What is a vanishing point
- Determine the perspective lines
- Finding the right perspective for your drawing
6. Perspective Variations
- Multiple”point” perspectives
- Vertical angles
- Field of view: wide-angle or telephoto?
SECTION 04. Layout
7. Creating Space
- Zigzag arrangement
- Three-layer composition
- Overlaps and obstruction
8. How to Utilize Perspective When Creating an Illustration
- How to use perspective grids in Photoshop
- How to use perspective grids in Procreate
- When to obey/defy perspective rules
Sales Page: _coloso.us/illust_webtoon/illustrator-nickofebriansyah-us